Women peacemakers born today
- 1876 (Agnes) Maude ROYDEN born Liverpool, England (d. 1956). Pacifist during World War I; first female Anglican priest; proposed a Peace Army, 1930s.
- 1901 Dr. Muriel GARDINER (née Morris) born Chicago, IL (d. 1985). American psychoanalyst; internationalist; opposed nuclear weapons; assisted escapees from Nazis in Vienna, 1938; co-founded Center for Innovative Diplomacy, "Dedicated to preventing nuclear and conventional war by increasing citizen participation in foreign affairs," 1982.
Women's peacemaking on this day
- 1909 "First Great Strike of Women," "Uprising of the 20,000" garment workers in Manhattan.
- 1921 Molly Steimer exiled from US.
- 1989 Maria led Huancayo Peru march for International Day of Opposition to Violence Against Women.